Taking the time to clean your smartphone and other devices is important now more than ever.
Cleaning Screens & Surfaces
Our phones travel with us everywhere, collecting germs of all kinds along the way. Luckily, there are plenty of safe and easy ways to properly clean your handheld tech and prevent the spread of germs.
Here are some general rules of thumb:
- Only use a soft, lint-free cloth. Any other materials can be abrasive and scratch the screen or surface of your device.
- Try not to wipe your screen excessively. This can also cause scratches and abrasions.
- Unplug all external power sources or cables before you start cleaning your device.
- Avoid getting moisture in any openings on the device. This can cause permanent damage.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals like bleach, aerosol, or cleaners that contain hydrogen peroxide.
- Don’t spray any cleaning solutions directly on the device. Spray directly on the cloth you plan to use.
- Once you’re finished cleaning, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water so you’ll be touching your freshly cleaned device with germ-free hands.
TechTonic High Performance Device and Screen Cleaner is a helpful product you can use to clean your device. This eco-friendly cleaner is non-toxic, alcohol and ammonia free, and comes in recyclable packaging with a non-aerosol bottle. It also comes with a microfiber cloth that’s tough on dirt but gentle on your device and a ventilated cloth carrying pouch.
TechClean Soapy Wipes are disposable cleaning wipes specifically formulated to remove dirt, germs, bacteria, and viruses. These non-toxic, environment-friendly, plant-based wipes can be used on all electronic devices.
intelliARMOR UV Shield sanitizes your smartphone and other items with UV-C light to kill harmful germs and bacteria. It’s easy to use in as little as 5 minutes. And, this sanitizing product is small enough to take with you on the go.
Organizing Apps, Photos & More
If you’ve noticed your device is running a little slow or you just want to clean up your home screen, organizing your apps can make a huge difference.
First, back up all your apps and photos. You can use services like Google Photos, iCloud Drive, or DropBox.
Next, go through all your apps and remove the ones you never use or no longer want. You can also sort through your camera roll and delete old photos, purge old contacts, clear out your text messages, and more.
Once you’ve cleaned up all your unwanted apps, it’s time to organize. Here are some different ways you can arrange your apps to best suit your daily life:
- Group your apps into categories like “Shopping”, “Finance” or “Social Media”.
- Put your most used apps at the front, like your Calendar or Messages apps.
- Organize your apps by icon color. This may be easier for you to navigate, plus it looks pretty cool.
- Arrange your apps alphabetically. You can place them in folders labeled with its corresponding letter or leave them laid out individually.
Want more tips on how to optimize your smartphone or tablet? Swing by your nearest Cellular Sales store and ask any of our wireless experts. They’re always available and eager to help you get the most out of your tech.