When featuring a home, one of the fastest ways to get the traffic you want is by posting clear, well-composed photos that display the property’s standout selling points. This is where your smartphone becomes your most powerful advertising aid. If you’ve been wondering about how to take real estate photos with a smartphone, keep reading.
Follow these simple real estate photography tips
Your smartphone can replace a lot of professional photography equipment while providing high quality, high definition shots. To get the best results with the phone you have, here are a few basic tips that work for both iOS and Android users:
- Stage responsibly. Make sure any toys, photos, and clutter is out of sight. Use furniture and décor to create an appealing and restful space. You want clients to imagine themselves there, not imagine who lives there now.
- Bring helpful accessories. Boost your real estate photography game with smartphone accessories like the Nimbus9 Finger Grip, which adheres to the phone case and helps to stabilize it, both in-hand and as a stand. Make sure your screen stays clear as well with TechTonic Multi-Purpose Device Cleaner.
- Find your lighting. Natural light is best, particularly during “golden hour,” right after sunrise and just before sunset. If you’re taking photos in low light, make sure your phone has great night mode or light adjustment options.
- Stay horizontal. Shoot in landscape rather than portrait. This allows you to take in more detail. It’s also how prospective buyers will envision the property.
- Use wide-angle shots. With a narrower field of view on mobile, you can optimize your shots using wide-angle. This works well for large rooms especially, giving photos broader scope while keeping things in focus.
- Create some depth. Include more dynamic photos that provide greater context for the space. For example, if the second floor overlooks the first, take a few shots pointed downward to better show the layout.
- Mind the mirrors. Be sure your reflection doesn’t appear in the photos. If there are any mirrors or other large reflective surfaces in the space, position yourself so that you and your phone are out of shot.
- Perfect your photos on the go. Quickly edit, save, and upload your images with easy-to-use apps like VSCO and Snapseed. You can blend exposures, balance color, and more. Download from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Make use of these easy real estate photography tips and you’ll be creating polished, compelling shots in no time.
Choosing the best phone for real estate photography
To capture high quality real estate photography with smartphone camera features, start with a great phone. Many of the latest 5G models include high-speed, high-capacity processing, brilliant display specs, and camera options that make taking beautiful photos easy.
A few models to consider:
iPhone 12 Series
All cameras in the latest Apple iPhone series feature 12MP wide and ultra-wide (Pro and Pro Max also have a telephoto option), panorama, Night mode, and auto image stabilization. The A14 Bionic chip provides lightning fast processing perfect for 5G. Super Retina XDR displays give you crisp, vivid viewing at every size.
Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
Galaxy S21+ 5G’s triple rear camera setup includes 12MP ultra-wide, 12MP wide-angle, and 64MP telephoto. Space Zoom and Night mode make it easier to get clear shots at a distance or in low light. Take cinema-quality video clips for virtual walk-throughs. View and edit your photos on the 6.7” FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED display
Motorola One 5G UW
The One’s 48MP rear camera is complemented by an ultra-wide lens, depth sensor, and macro with ring flash. This smartphone was built to be fast, with a powerful processor helps you upload pictures, talk to clients, and manage appointments with 5G ease. Work at ultra-fast speed and take ultra-sharp photos.
When learning how to take real estate photos with a smartphone, your plan also matters. A 5G wireless plan will ensure that you’re able to upload photos, post listings, and stay in touch from almost anywhere.
The best phone for real estate photography is one with a powerful camera and 5G capability. Visit a local Cellular Sales store to explore our products.
Founded in 1993, Cellular Sales proudly serves as Verizon’s premier retail partner. With almost 800 locations nationwide and more than 7,000 employees, we proudly connect customers with top-tier products and services. We were recently named the Verizon Agent of the Year 2021 and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s 5000 as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies nine times. For more information, visit cellularsales.com or follow us on social media at facebook.com/cellularsales and @cellularsales on Instagram. For career information, visit cellularsales.com/careers.