Smart watches are one of the hottest new tech trends – you can track your steps, check texts, and tell time all from your wrist. Though these features are super helpful, they’re are capable of way more than you might expect. Here are some features you’ll want to check out for yourself:
1. Make calls, even when your phone’s not around.
With a smart watch, you can leave your phone at home while you run errands and still stay connected. They’re also a great way to stay hands free on the road.
2. Left your real wallet at home? Just pay with your digital wallet.
With just the tap of your wrist, you can use Apple Pay or Samsung Pay to make a purchase.
3. Ping your smartphone if you misplace it.
With the touch of a button, your smart watch will trigger a gentle alarm on your phone that will help you find it.
4. Track more than just steps – track your entire workout.
Select which exercise you’re currently doing and let your smart watch do the rest. Even if you forget to click Start, your watch will track your activity. Most smart watches are also water resistant so you can track your swimming, too.
5. Keep up with your heart rate and blood pressure, too.
Your smart watch can alert you when your heart rate is too high or too low. Plus, with the Samsung Galaxy Watch, you can pair it with a traditional blood pressure cuff to check your blood pressure.
6. Ready for bed? Try monitoring your sleep.
Your smart watch monitors your sleep quality by tracking how many times you woke up during the night, if you tossed and turned, and even if you snored.
7. Access your favorite music and podcasts from your wrist.
You don’t have to carry your phone with you to listen to your favorite tunes.
8. If you can’t remember the name of a song, just Shazam it.
With the Shazam app, just tap the Shazam button and your smart watch will tell you what song is currently playing.
9. Two words: Walkie Talkie.
Who doesn’t want to talk into their wrist like James Bond? With the Walkie-Talkie app, you can voice chat with other smart watch users. 10-4. Over.
10. Easily set alarms and timers.
Whether you’re waking up in the morning or remembering to take dinner out of the oven, your smart watch will vibrate or ding when it’s time.
11. Remember to breathe.
Every so often, your smart watch will nudge you and gently remind you to take a deep breath.
12. Get moving with Stand and Torso Twist reminders.
If you’ve been inactive for a while, your smart watch can also remind you to stand up, do some torso twists, and get moving.
13. Hungry? Just order a pizza.
Consider Domino’s pizza pioneers – they’re the first pizza restaurant to allow you to order from your wrist. Just select one of your saved orders through the app and track it in real time, from kitchen to doorstep.
14. Take a silly group picture without holding your phone.
Use your smart watch as a camera shutter so you capture the shot every time.
15. Quickly check your calendar.
Swipe through your appointments for the day with the flick of your wrist.
16. Take a look at the weather forecast.
A quick glance at your smart watch will tell you if you need an umbrella or not.
17. Set reminders with your voice assistant.
Tell your smart watch what you need to remember, and Siri or Bixby will set a reminder for you.
18. Get directions sent straight to your wrist.
You can stay hands free while driving, but still find your way to your destination. Your smart watch will ping you when it’s time to turn.
19. Customize your watch face.
The possibilities are endless. Keep it digital or switch to analog, and make it any color you want.
These are just a few of the hundreds of things your smart watch can do. Want to try one for yourself? See our selection of smartwatches below. Then, swing by your nearest Cellular Sales store to see which one is the right fit for you.